The Haunted Dead Walk of Aristocracy Hill
Springfield’s Haunted History Tour
If you dare join us for spine-tingling tales of local haunted history!
Join this 2.5 hour walking tour of Springfield’s sensational haunted history! Walk through the historic Old Aristocracy Hill neighborhood of Springfield and hear stories of ghosts, shadow men, poltergeists, hidden cemeteries, seances and more unnerving tales of haunted history. You’ll also hear histories of hangings, a race riot and Springfield’s Dr. Frankenstein, sort of. It’s an easy walk and plenty of places to sit along the way, and there’s a mid-point bathroom break for your comfort. Enjoy a balance of factual history and ghostly tales for a restless night’s sleep!
Friday & Saturday nights
Begins: Inn at 835 S. 2nd St. parking lot
$20 per person
Cash at tour time please
No reservations needed
Ghost hunting tools and photos welcome
Groups tend to be smaller early October verses larger groups late October
- Arrive 10-minutes early for your tour, we do not wait for late arrivals.
- Video recording of tours is prohibited, take all the pictures you like.
- Please no smoking, vaping, or cell phone use on tour, simply step away.
- Children please stay with parents, especially crossing streets.
- Tours do not operate in dangerous or threatening weather.
- Intoxicated individuals are not allowed on tours, but you may need a drink aferwords!
Springfield’s most popular haunted history tour!
Supported by the Springfield Convention & Visitors Bureau
There is a competing ghost tour in town from an out of town tour company. They claim to be the best tour, but so do we. Last we were aware, they had a couple subtle insults about this tour on their web site and play a little dirty. You will find no insults here or dirty pool here. This is a great haunted history tour, we’re well supported, and we’re locally owned. You’re going to have a good time. Your honey is going to sleep a little closer to you after a tour with us! Support whomever you choose.
PACKAGE DEAL – 2 Ghost Tours!
- Lincoln’s Ghost Walk
- Dead Walk Aristocracy Hill
$30 per adult / saves $5
$25 under 17 / saves $3
Cash on arrival for either tour
- Inn at 835, haunted
- Carpenter Street Hotel, great budget hotel next to a crematory
- State House Inn, great retro hotel
- Lincoln Doubletree, costs a little more but central to downtown sites
- La Piazza, fantastic pizza
- Maldaner’s, casual fine dining, haunted
- Springfield Carriage Co., haunted
- The Curve Inn, haunted
- Obed’s & Issac’s, kitchen open until 11pm, great for after tour
Call, text, or email us with questions
Disclaimer: Springfield Walks & Tours has a solid reputation and we’re known for being the best in town. That’s because we work hard to manage the logistics of several different tours and guide services with knowledgeable and professional tour guides. HOWEVER, despite our best efforts circumstances change throughout the year and can create unforeseen problems operating the tour business. We do our best to overcome and adapt when these unexpected problems arise; weather can create difficulties, street closures, ill guides, for example. We kindly ask for your patience and understanding when we are unable to overcome an issue. It is not always possible to overcome an issue, no matter our effort. We do not like to disappoint our customers and we’re receptive to constructive feedback or find an amicable solution. We love to hear compliments as well!